The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Headshot Dilemma

So, since Cam and I have our Second City auditions in 3 weeks, we have to have headshots to take along with our resumes. So, we ran into a bit of a jam because A) Mine is way outdated and doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to me anymore and B) Cam never had one and C) We only have 3 weeks to get one which doesn't give us enough time to book an awesome photographer.

So, I went to old trust Craigs List, which has been great to me since I've been here (it's how I found the band), and I posted an add calling for a photog that is either university student or an amateur.

Within a day, I was contacted by someone who is willing to take both of our headshots for $85 total, plus some full body shots of me for band promo next week and have them to us immediately. Well, of course I had to ask for some samples of his work (it sounded too good to be true), and when I did was very happy. Here is a link to his work. Just click on the different categories to see examples. They're really great-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marks_pictures/sets/


So- dilemma solved. We are getting new headshots next week for a great price and hopefully they will turn out great. We are also going to have him snap some shots of us together in hopes that we can get a great engagement photo. Bonus!

Craigs List rules.


Lins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home