The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Update and Good News

Well, I am happy to say two things:


My interview for the position of Assistant Program Director for the After School program at Howard Area Community Center went well. I really liked the director and enjoyed meeting her and I think that she liked me. The job is basically helping to run an afterschool program for children ages 12-14 (she asked what I preferred and I said anything but little kids) at Gale Elementary, which is 2 blocks away from my apartment. The job is 20 hours a week 1:30-5:30 M-F and it pays very well, and she said the pay may go up because she was not aware that I was a certified teacher. Gale Elementary has zero white kids- and I'm happy with that. The job is a perfect mix for my mental health experience and teaching experience and I REALLY hope that I get it.

Also, I was offered a job at Davenport's Piano Bar and Cabaret. It's a very cool place that has regular performers and is very popular. My job would be as a performing waitress. I would serve cocktails and sing songs with the piano. I am just going to be sort-of filling in and working one or two nights a week- not a regular server as they don't need one right now. I would work at night, which stinks because I wouldn't see Cameron- but I also would make A LOT of money in tips in just one or two nights a week and I would be singing for the tips...so I am going to do it for a while and see what opportunity opens up for me. Who knows- maybe people will like me and they'll ask me to actually be a regular performer. Either way- I'm kindof excited about it just because I think it will be fun and different. You can google the name of the place to see what it's about and even do a virtual tour. It's very cool.

So that's my job update!

Lins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home