The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Second City

Sooo......Cam and I just made our appointments to audition for the Improv Conservatory at The Second City on September 7...and I already feel so nervous that I might throw up on myself.


The deal with the Conservatory is- the talent level is a little higher because you actually have to audition to be a part of the program- unlike other programs at iO and Annoyance where you just have to sign up and pay the money. You have to show them that you have experience and are worthy of the program basically.

So, you audition to get into the program and you audition in Level 2 as well. But a great benefit of that is you get to perform in the Second City Skybox theatre when you are in Levels 2-5. So, you are guaranteed performance time for a while...even if you never perform again after you leave. So that is good.

I know that we planned on training at iO, but we basically want to audition and see what happens. I don't audition very well- I get nervous and suck. Hopefully that won't happen. But at least I will know that bad auditioning is a factor if I don't get in.

But we know what a mess it's going to be if Cam gets in and I don't. Boo hoo.

Lins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home