The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Speaking of Mom

So...I want to start a campaign to get mom to go to college. My neighbor just told me about his 60 year old mother who just got her Masters. She just got done, and now she is taking a job with the Center for Disease Control. He says that she has changed 100%. She feels so proud and accomplished and intelligent. I've asked Mom to at least go and get her Associate Degree from CCC because she would feel really proud. Can anyone back me up on this? Let's start pushing.

Lins

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM , Blogger Dwayne said...

    Is this something Mom wants to do?

    Not ..."does she take it seriously"...because I have no doubt she is blowing it off like it isn't serious.

    Rather, does she WANT to do it?

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Mrs. G said...

    Oh Dwayne-

    I don't care if she WANTS to do it. Maybe she doesn't know what she wants. She's old and confused. I know what is best for her. You know how when we were little adults would say things like "your parents changed your diapers so that someday you will change theirs"? Well- I think now is the time when we start making their decisions for them. Dementia is setting in.

    Mom?

    Thoughts?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home