The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Armando Show

Tonight Dan, Cam and I went to a show at iO to get pumped up about improv. They have shows every night of the week- several of them actually.

But this one was special- when we got there we found that Tim Meadows was in town and was going to perform. We also saw the girl from the Sonic commercials. They were both great, as was the show.

But not so great that we were intimidated and scared to death- that's the good news. I was scared that I was going to go to the show and afterward just be like "Shit. I can't even compete with those people." But afterwards I didn't feel that way. Don't get me wrong- the show was GREAT and I bow down to all of those performers. But I think that me, Dan, and Cam can be that great with a little more training. We aren't like most of the people taking classes at iO- a lot of them are kids just out of high school or people who haven't done improv prior to starting the classes. We have been on troupes for years and been rejected before and had a lot of good training. I told the boys that I have laughed just as much at their PDogs shows as I did tonight, so I'm very excited and encouraged to get started in classes. I am hopeful that we will standout and get better with time.


Anyway- it was a very exciting and inspiring night.


Lins

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home