The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cam and I have taken the plunge...

...We joined Bally Total Fitness yesterday. It's not too expensive and it's only 3 blocks (5 min walk at most) from our apartment so we are optimistic that we will get our money's worth.

Our (my) logic was this- it's too cold to go outside from the months of October-April. I will not be exercising outside as I am used to in the lovely Texas weather. I love to run and do pilates and yoga, and when I am not active I feel pretty crappy.

So my options are-

A) No exercise whatsoever for 7 months

OR

B) Have the opportunity to exercise in the next 7 months



I figure by joining the gym at least the option to exercise is there. And Cam and I (mostly me) are determined to get our money's worth. I've always been an avid exerciser so I'm pretty excited. You get all the classes that they offer free with your membership, and the schedules are very good for us as well. There is no commitment with the classes either- come when you feel like it or don't. They offer spin class, boot camp, pilates, yoga, latin dance, step class, Kwando, and other special ones. I'm excited.

Today, our first day as members, I worked out. It was great. Tomorrow I have my complimentary session (for joining up) with a personal trainer. He told me today that he's going to "kick my ass" in the session. I'm not sure if that means the lesson is going to be him actually kicking my ass and I get a workout by defending myself or if it's just going to be really difficult. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Either way, I'm kinda nervous...I've never worked out with a personal trainer before.

Anywho, Cam and I are committed to a healthier lifestyle, and we're very happy about the new gym membership. I'll keep you posted on how ripped we get. But I'm guessing that I'm pretty much going to be a beefcake when I come home for Christmas. I'm going to make myself a bet that I'll be able to bench-press Greg when i come home.

Lins

4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Dad Helmberger said...

    I believe that is the first time you have ever written about my home state and used the word "lovely" when describing it. Wow, there is hope for you yet. Enjoy the weather up there in God's country.

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger Mom Oyler said...

    Congratulations on the exercise plan - but bench pressing greg doesn't sould like much of a goal!

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Mom Oyler said...

    I have GOT ot take time to proof read before publishing - right Cam!!

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Mrs. G said...

    So, I had my workout with the trainer today. It was really awesome. He was very nice and motivating. He was also so muscular that for most of the weight training he would just use his own body as resistance. For example, most of my arm exercises were me laying down and pushing my arms out while he pushed against me. I mentioned to him that you're pretty freaking buff if people can say "I didn't use any free weights today- I just used my trainers arms". Ridiculous.

    But I really loved it. If I had the money I would get him permanently. I am excited, however, as Cameron will soon have his complimentary training with the same guy and I told him to bust Cam's ass.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home