The Oyler Family Blog

Sadly, we are several states away from family and friends. But, we KNOW that they long to hear our mundane stories and self-righteous opinions. Never fear, friends- you can stay informed right here.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sweet Potatoes


So....I have recently discovered the joys of sweet potatoes. I hadn't had one until college, and when I did it was just a bite...and it was coated with marshmallow and junk.

Yet, recently, because of the diet- I have been eating sweet potatoes with a little bit of salt, butter, and cinnamon. It's a flavor explosion! They are so naturally sweet, and the little butter and cinnamon adds just the right elements to make them even more delicious. The marshmallow and caramel are not necessary at all!

I LOVE/HATE YOU DIET! THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THE JOYS OF SWEET POTATOES!

Lins

ps- My boss (principal) just informed me at lunch that in the South they call Sweet Potatoes "Poot Roots" because they grow underground and they make you toot a lot. Thanks for the factoid!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

    lins,
    I don't understand why you can eat sweet potato but not potato. Aren't they basically the same thing but one has more sugar in it?

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger Mrs. G said...

    A sweet potato is a not a complex carbohydrate, while a regular potatoe is. i think i got that right. i may have switched it around....but you know what i'm saying. that's the reason

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home